Monday, January 30, 2012

Rain...



I love the rain! I'm sure there are quite a few people saying that we need the snow that's supposed to be falling at this time of year but I'm loving the rain. I would be very happy if it just continued snowing in the mountains and kept the rain down here. We're still getting plenty of water but we're not having to drive in it or shovel it.

The rain is so calming and restful. I love curling up on the couch, with a blanket, a cup of tea (or hot chocolate if that's your preference :-)) and a good book, and watching the drops slide down the windowpanes.





And who doesn't love to play in the rain? Even now, I long to go out and dance under the storm clouds (I usually end up with a cold but it's always worth it :-D). When we were kids, we'd take our shoes off, put on some fuzzy socks, take a blanket and a treat and go out on the front porch to watch the storm.






A good rainstorm cleanses the earth, the air, makes the flowers and trees beautiful and just feels like a warm hug. I always feel like a huge weight is washed off my shoulders, just because of the rain.

0 comments:

Post a Comment